Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Are People Still Finishing?

On Sunday, August 26th, I crossed the finish line of Ironman Louisville in 754th place, according to a neighbor. He was monitoring my progress that Sunday, and checked on Monday morning to see how I finished.

When I checked after the official results were posted, I was listed as 756th. That didn't seem too out of whack, as I know that people might have questioned results or provided some kind of evidence one way or the other.

At the end of the day, my exact finishing place is fairly irrelevant. I didn't win the race. Even within my division I was pretty far down the finisher's list. I do, however, have to question what I'm seeing.

This morning, I stopped by the Ironman site to see if they have finish line videos posted. They don't. But I noted that I have somehow slid all the way to 760th place.

I'm just wondering how this is happening. Are there people still running the race that are somehow finishing ahead of me? Was their tracking so out of whack that it's taken a week and a half and the "official" results are still unofficial?

I'm just wondering, because I'm losing ground quickly. If I'm going to slide to DFL, I'd like to know why...

2 comments:

George Schweitzer said...

some competitors dont have real time updating to the website due to losing their timing chips or some other issue. that's my best guess

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.