Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Sounds of Silence

My blog/tri sister Veeg just sent a note indicating she was having some issues with the site, and she estimated it was due to the music. So, we're going to see if the strong, silent type blog is more to her computer's liking.

Besides, I haven't come across a particularly motivating song in a few days.

Training has taken a hit the last few days as I battle a bug. It's something I've been holding at bay for a week or so (the kids have been struggling with it, as well). After Saturday's long swim, I was so tired that my body finally gave in. So, a couple day's rest were in order. Not desired, appreciated, or expected. But needed.

8 comments:

Sascha said...

I have a great script blocker that blocks every annoying song that every blogger has ever posted. It's so nice.

Iron Pol said...

That is a cool script. Only, how does it know if the song is annoying. Obviously, it never blocks any of my songs, since my songs are never annoying. They're all cool, by definition.

Sascha said...

It blocks all music. It defaults to blacklisting everything except things you explicitly tell it not to. Personally, I hate it when web sites blare noise at me without me specifically requesting that they do. So I block all music players all the time.

Iron Pol said...

I would make a comment about being blacklisted, but this is so much comment love, how could I.

I've hovered on the edge of have/don't have music. I've even had my own songs catch me off guard, sometimes. Perhaps a poll is in order.

Still, having a comment, and a response to my comment all in a 3 hour time frame makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (of course, that could just be the fever and sinus congestion).

momo said...

i don't have one of those things, i use mute. :-) anyway, hope you're feeling better soon pol! its going around here, my hubby and daughter are both down with it now, i'm clorox bleaching wiping everything in sight trying to keep it at bay. take care and you'll be back out there soon.

Unknown said...

Me, too. I use mute.

Feel better soon, IP!

Lisa said...

Feel better soon! As my coach told me, being healthy comes before training.

I also use mute, but I usually do enjoy your music. :)

Sascha said...

I don't use mute because I'm streaming other music already through my headphones. And I'm glad my comment love made you all warm and fuzzy when you're sick. My job is done.